Have you recently purchased Chromebook and want to learn how to copy and paste on chromebook? Don’t worry, we have penned down this article in a step by step manner to help you out on how to copy and paste on a chromebook.
You can copy and paste on chromebook in a similar manner like you copy paste on other systems.
So, without wasting a single minute, let us see how to copy and paste on a chromebook?
- 1 How To Copy And Paste On Chromebook?
- 1.1 Copy a Text Selection on Chromebook
- 1.2 Copy Paste an Image on Chromebook
- 1.3 How To Copy And Paste on Chromebook a Whole Page?
- 1.4 How to Copy and Paste On Chromebook a Video?
How To Copy And Paste On Chromebook?
Copy a Text Selection on Chromebook
You would like to know How to copy and paste on Chromebook a block of text? Then just follow these simple steps mentioned below:
Step 1: To copy on chromebook you can hold a finger on the touchpad and wait till the selection box appears, and select the text you would like to copy on Chromebook. Once the selection box appears, move your other finger around the text to select the length of text to be copied.
Alternatively, you can use a mouse to make your copying easier. Click on left mouse button to highlight or copy on Chromebook. After you highlight the text on Chromebook, go to the next step to paste the selected text on chromebook.
Step 2: Now, once the selected text is highlighted, remove the left click on the mouse and use the command ‘Ctrl + C’ to copy on chromebook. Alternatively, if you are using fingers on touchpad to copy and paste on chromebook, then you can click on the right button of your trackpad, and select the option ‘copy’.
Step 3: Now, to paste on chromebook you need to select the target location where you would like to copy and paste on chromebook, and then use the shortcut button, ‘Ctrl + V’.
This is how to copy and paste on Chromebook, using two shortcut commands, ‘Ctrl+C’ to copy, and ‘Ctrl+V’ to paste.
Note: When you try to Copy and paste on chromebook the format of the pasted content might change. So, you need to use a clipboard manager to reformat the copy paste text on chromebook.
If you want to know How to copy and paste on Chromebook without a mouse, then check this quick tip below:
How do you copy and paste on a Chromebook without a mouse?
If you want to copy and paste on chromebook, then hold a finger on the text till the selection box appears, and then you can drag the required selection with other finger. This highlights the required text. Now, you can press the shortcut command ‘Ctrl+C’, to copy on chrome book, and ‘Ctrl+V’ to paste on chromebook.
Copy Paste an Image on Chromebook
If you do not know how to copy and paste on chromebook an image, then follow the below mentioned tips.
As long as the source allows you to copy on chromebook the process is pretty simple:
- Firstly, hover your mouse over the image you would like to copy on chromebook.
- Now, if you are using a mouse right click and select the image. If you are using fingers, then tap with two fingers, this would select the image. Alternatively, you can also press the ‘Alt+left click’ on your trackpack to select an image on chromebook.
- After you select the image, a menu bar pops up. Now, select the option ‘copy the image’. Now, the image is copied on your Chromebook clipboard.
- Select the location where you wish to paste the image on chromebook, and press the shortcut ‘Ctrl + V’. This is how to copy and paste on Chromebook any image.
How do you copy and paste an image on a Chromebook? – Power Tip
If you would like to Copy and Paste an image on Chromebook, from the sources that do not allow to copy the images, then install the extension ‘Image Downloader’ on your chrome browser. With a right click you can copy paste any image on chromebook.
How To Copy And Paste on Chromebook a Whole Page?
If you are planning to copy paste a whole page on Chromebook, then follow the below mentioned method:
- Go to the page where you would like to Copy text on Chromebook. Now, select the part of the text (if you need specific text of the page), or entire page by using the shortcut, ‘Ctrl + A’.
- After highlighting the text you want to copy, use the shortcut ‘Ctrl + C’, to copy the text.
- Now, go to the page where you would like to paste the copied text on Chromebook. Use the shortcut ‘Ctrl + V’, to paste the text or whole page. This is how you can copy paste whole page on chromebook.
How to Copy and Paste On Chromebook a Video?
You cannot copy and paste video on Chromebook like copy pasting text or image. You need to follow the below mentioned process to copy paste video on Chromebook.
- Locate the video which you would like to share on Chromebook.
- If you plan to copy video on Chromebook, then there are two options: copy the embed code and paste it on other platform of your choice, or copy paste the url of the video.
- If you want to copy and paste on chromebook, the video URL, then right click on the video and copy the url [can go to the URL bar and copy the URL too]. If you want the video to play from certain time, then right click on the video and select ‘Copy video URL at current time’.
- Now, open the app where you would like to share the video URL, and paste the video URL in the app.
- You can paste the link in any of these applications by clicking on the right mouse button, and selecting the ‘paste’ option, or hold ‘Alt+Left Click’ and paste. This is how to copy and paste on Chromebook any video.
Hope this article has provided clear insight on how to copy and paste on Chromebook any text, video, image, or URL. If you still have any queries regarding how to copy and paste on Chromebook, do let us know in the comment section below. We will revert as soon as possible.